You can get your AI to reach out to your marketing leads through Saleswhale campaigns. Here’s how to create ongoing conversations that help you to engage your leads, capture, then qualify high-quality leads for your sales team
On this page
- Create an AI campaign
- Craft an AI topic
- Enroll your leads
- Schedule your campaign
- What’s next
Create an AI campaign for your AI so they can start engaging your leads, reply back and forth, and qualify high intent leads for your sales team.
- You’ll need to connect an email inbox to launch a campaign and get your AI to email people.
- You’ll need to add at least one Sales Rep before you can launch a campaign so our AI knows who to cc when they qualify a lead. You can add your own email as a sales rep to launch a test campaign.
You can create a new AI campaign in minutes. First, go to Campaigns, and click Create New Campaign:
Then add a name for your campaign to start. The campaign name should be unique.
Craft an AI topic
Next, choose to create an AI topic from scratch, or start with a pre-made template:
- AI Topics are customizable paths & emails that guide your AI to reach out, qualify, and book a sales meeting with leads based on their purchase intent.
- Your AI uses the topic to knows what qualifying questions to ask and the next emails to send to your buyers until they are qualified. Learn more about AI Topics here.
Tip: Some good playbooks for crafting AI topics are:
- Create a topic for your AI to follow up with your webinar leads until they are more sales-ready
- Create a topic for your AI to engage with your leads who download your thought leadership content. Offer them more content until they are ready to talk to your sales team for a demo.
- Create a topic for your AI to reach out to people who signed up for a trial but didn't convert to a paid plan.
For this example, we’ll use the template “Nurture people after virtual event”, but the following steps also apply if you decide to start from scratch or customize from another topic template.
The emails will come from your AI email inbox with your company domain, for example, the Saleswhale marketing team uses email@example.com to follow up with our webinar leads. When Dolores qualifies a lead, she will “round-robin” and cc an available sales rep from your team to take over the email conversations.
To make your emails engaging, you can easily add merge tags, more paths, and follow-up emails so your AI can reply back and forth with your leads relentlessly.
- Paths are scenarios where your leads might reply with different intent. Your AI uses the path design to triage the intent of your leads then choose an appropriate response. For example, if someone emails and ask for pricing, your AI reads the email intent as “Request for Pricing” path and choose the next email response from the path.
If you’re happy with your AI topic design, publish it so it could be available for your campaign launch. Once you hit publish, we will bring you back to the previous campaign you are drafting.
Enroll your leads
Next, you’ll start to target your emails to send to the right prospects, at the right time.
You can enroll a list of emails for you AI in 2 ways
- Enroll leads from a CSV import
- Or automatically enroll leads from integration with your CRM
Tip: If you have not imported any leads into Saleswhale, you can use the Import CSV function to upload your CSV file.
Tip: You can also choose to get your AI to send emails to leads from a Salesforce report if you are using Salesforce as your CRM. See how Salesforce integration works here.
Pro tip: If you use Zapier, you can use additional platforms to choose from, like Hubspot, Marketo, Google Sheet. See how to automate more workflows with Zapier here.
Schedule your Campaigns
You can choose the start date and end date for your AI campaigns so your AI knows when to start emailing your leads and when to stop all the responses.
Important: Email delivery times are calculated based on your AI's timezone. You can change your AI’s timezone so they can work in the same hours as your targeted buyers.
Important: To learn more about scheduling your campaign, check out this guide.
That’s it. You’re ready to launch your AI campaign 🎉