In this guide, we will look at:
- Adding the first Touchpoint
- Using the Touchpoint editor
- Adding sequential Touchpoint(s)
Adding the first touchpoint
There are two ways to access the Touchpoint editor.
Method 1: Hover over the Sequence you would like to edit to locate the editor button; select the button to continue.
Method 2: Click the Sequence you would like to edit to bring up its Preview in a popup window. From this window, select "Edit Sequence" to continue.
Select "Add First Touchpoint" to begin crafting and customizing the initial email.
Using the Touchpoint editor
You can customise your message in several ways using the Saleswhale Touchpoint editor.
- Subject editor: Edit the subject of your email. In subsequent touchpoints, by default the bot will send the email as a reply to the initial email. You can disable this by deselecting "Send as Reply" and setting a new email subject.
- Message editor: Configure your message.
- Insert image: You can insert an image into your message. Read more about our Best Practices around using images in your messaging.
- Attachments: Include an attachment to your bot's email.
- Insert merge tag: To customize your message, you can insert a merge tag. Put your text cursor in your message body where you would like to include a merge tag, and select "Insert Merge Tag" to choose the relevant merge tag.
- Send time: Configure when your bot will send the message. The days are counted as business days from when the lead was enrolled or the last email was sent, depending on which action came last.
When your message is ready, select "Save Touchpoint" to save your changes.
Adding sequential touchpoint(s)
To add a follow up touchpoint, select "Add Touchpoint."
Your new Touchpoint has now been added and you will see the Touchpoint editor, where you can craft your messaging.