In this guide we will look at:
- What are field mappings
- The difference between non-configurable & configurable field mappings
- Where to view field mappings
What are field mappings?
Field mappings show which Salesforce record (Lead/Contact) attributes we will be importing and which Saleswhale fields they will be stored as.
- It shows you that the First Name of your Lead in Salesforce will be mapped across to a Saleswhale field also called First Name and
- the Title of your Lead in Salesforce will be mapped to a Saleswhale field called Job Title.
These Saleswhale fields can subsequently be used as merge tags in your conversation topic to make your email more personalised.
After these fields have been mapped across successfully, you can find them when you navigate to your Lead's detail page, and click on 'Edit Details'.
The mapped attributes will not be editable within the Saleswhale app.
For now, we only pull in Salesforce attributes on first import. As we do not currently support bi-directional sync between the two platforms, any subsequent changes made on your Salesforce records will not be synced across to Saleswhale.
The difference between non-configurable & configurable field mappings
Non-configurable field mappings
Non-configurable field mappings are default mappings. It requires no setup on your part and come out-of-the-box. These mappings are non-editable.
These following fields are non-configurable:
- Id (Salesforce) -> CRM Object Id (Saleswhale)
- First Name (Salesforce) -> First Name (Saleswhale)
- Email (Salesforce) -> Email (Saleswhale)
- Company (Salesforce) -> Company (Saleswhale)
- Owner (Salesforce) -> Sales Rep (Saleswhale)
Configurable field mappings
Configurable field mappings are customisable mappings. You can map any attributes within your Salesforce records to a Saleswhale field.
To set this up, email us at email@example.com and your Customer Success Manager will be setting this up for you.
Here are some examples of configurable fields:
- Last Name (Salesforce) -> Last Name (Saleswhale)
- Title (Salesforce) -> Job Title (Saleswhale)
Where to view field mappings
To view your field mappings, navigate to the Integrations tab under Settings, then select Salesforce.