In this guide, we will look at how to add the custom fields that need to be created before connecting your Salesforce to Saleswhale and best practices. The quick way to add the required fields is to install the Saleswhale package into your Salesforce. Below are the Package Installation links and steps.
These Salesforce custom fields allow us to send Saleswhale data back to your Salesforce, including Saleswhale status and the last time the Saleswhale app interacted with your lead. These fields will also allow the latest email activities from your Saleswhale campaigns to reflect in Salesforce.
- Salesforce account with the appropriate permissions.
Package Installation Steps
- Click here to open the Saleswhale install package.
- If you are not already logged into Salesforce, you will be prompted to log in.
- Choose the user roles you would like to install the fields for, we recommend selecting "Install for All Users."
- Click Install to complete.
List of Required Salesforce Custom Fields
The following is a list of the values that need to be configured when adding the 'Saleswhale Status' field in Salesforce:
The following is a sample of what your Lead Object with the Saleswhale Status field should look like.
We recommend switching on the field history tracking feature in Salesforce for both the Lead and Contact objects to help ensure accountability for changes to the Saleswhale Status field.
Read more about setting up Field History Tracking and viewing Field History (via Salesforce).