With Saleswhale, you have the option to suppress lists of emails or domains with a suppression list. Suppression lists must be applied on an individual campaign level. In this guide, we will look at:
- Pre-existing suppression lists in the library
- Default suppression lists across all campaigns
Pre-existing suppression lists in the library
By default, the bot has several pre-built suppression lists based on filters:
Leads that have any previous conversations with the Bounced status
- Do Not Contact
Leads marked with the Do Not Contact status
- Leads interacted within last 6 months Leads whose last email interactions was within the last 6 months
- Leads interacted within last 3 months
Leads whose last email interaction was within the last 3 months
- Leads not interested in last conversation
Leads marked as `Not interested` in the most recent conversation
- Previously qualified leads
Leads marked as `Qualified` in any previous conversations
On top of these pre-built lists, you can also manually create additional suppression lists based on emails and/or domains.
Default suppression lists across all campaigns
By default, the "Bounced" and "Do Not Contact" suppression lists are required and applied to all campaigns.
Applying unique suppression lists to campaigns
Before launching a campaign, you can apply Suppression List(s) to your campaigns in each campaign's page. Read more here.