Saleswhale email AI Assistant works like a champ for your marketing and sales teams. To bring them to life, you can give them a persona and an email inbox with your company domain.
In this article:
- Design your AI persona
- Connect email inbox to Saleswhale
- Add sales reps to work with your AI
Design your AI persona
We recommend designing a persona for your AI with a person’s name, photo, job title, and your company email inbox. The persona can be a real person on your team or a new persona. This helps to get the best email response and open rate.
4 steps to design a persona for your AI:
- Give your AI a personal name: A friendly, common first name and last name helps get more responses - choose something that is easy to pronounce. As a plus, use the last name common to your AI Assistant's target region.
- Give them a profile photo: Giving your AI Assistant a human face helps with engagement. Try AI-generated faces here if you need help finding a photo.
- Give them an email inbox: Create a real inbox/user account (not an alias, Google Group, distribution list, service account, or a generic inbox like firstname.lastname@example.org) with your company domain. Saleswhale supports Gmail & Outlook 365 personal email inbox.
- Give your AI Assistant a job title: You can add a job title for your AI in the Email Signature step in Saleswhale. An inbox with a signature has a higher email open and response rate.
Connect an email inbox to Saleswhale
Saleswhale will use OAuth with Gmail or Outlook 365 to authenticate and gain read & write access to the email account. This will allow the Saleswhale platform to send emails to leads, detect these replies, and interpret and reply contextually.
Before connecting an email inbox for Saleswhale to engage with your leads, we recommend:
- Create a real inbox/user account (not an alias, Google Group, distribution list, or a generic inbox like email@example.com) with your company domain. For example, the marketing and sales team at Salewhale created firstname.lastname@example.org and connect it to their Saleswhale team.
- Saleswhale only supports Gmail and Microsoft Outlook 365 email inbox. We are not supporting email inbox created using Google Service account or Microsoft Exchange Server.
To get the best results, we recommend giving your Saleswhale AI a person’s name. It can be a real person on your team or a persona. This helps to get the best email response and open rate.
To start, log in to https://app.saleswhale.com/ using your credentials. Go to AI & Sales Reps Settings to start the setup.
To understand how Saleswhale uses your company email inbox to send, receive, and reply to emails to and from leads, check out this detailed guide.
Why does this email address have to use my company’s domain?
Your AI Assistant is an employee, so he/she should have a company domain. Using your company’s domain increases your AI Assistant's credibility (which also factors into the increased deliverability of your AI Assistant’s emails).
What if there is a change in my AI Assistant's email password?
If there is a change in your AI Assistant's email password, you will receive a notification that your AI Assistant is disconnected. You should reconnect your AI Assistant as soon as possible to ensure that there is no gap or delay in your AI Assistant’s detection of and reply to emails.
What is two-factor authentication (2FA)?
2FA is an extra layer of security that is known as "multi-factor authentication,” which requires not only a password and username but also a third token.
When should 2FA be turned on?
If your organization uses 2FA, this should be turned on at the time of the email’s creation. If 2FA is turned on later, you may receive a notification that your AI Assistant is disconnected. You should reconnect your AI Assistant as soon as possible to ensure that there is no gap or delay in your AI Assistant’s detection of and reply to emails.
Is there anything I should know about managing this email address?
Make sure your this email address is filed away with your IT team as an active email address belonging to you. Should any issues arise, the IT team will know who to contact!